Skip to content
1982: Conducted three-day workshop on Teaching Skills at East Central Region, ACSA, Kentucky.
1981: Chairman, Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture Teachers Seminar, “Teaching Methods for Architectural Educators” at Cranbrook Academy.
1979: Conducted Micro-Teaching workshop at Louisiana Technical University.
1979: Conducted Micro-Teaching workshop at University of Nebraska.
1978: Conducted two-day workshop on Environmental Controls at Division of Architecture, Hampton Institute.
1978: Conducted three-day workshop on Environmental Controls at School of Architecture, University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
1975: Attended Time Management course, University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO
- Title: Professor, Head of Department
- Function: Administration of department (720 students), including staff, budget, resources and accommodation.
- Courses Taught:
- Architecture and Environmental Design Studios. Architectural and environmental design, basic drafting and graphic skills.
- Environmental Systems in Architecture Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), lighting, acoustics, passive environmental controls.
- Man and His Surroundings A general theory of environmental design.
- Theory of Environmental Design The history and development of technological factors that have influenced the development of architecture.
- Graduate Tutor Adviser to final thesis students.
- Architectural Projects:
- House for Longer Life, 7th International Design Competition, Misawa Homes Institute for Research and Development & Building Center of Japan, 1982.
- Honorable Mention (with Gary Coates), Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture (ACSA) National Educational Research Competition on “Teaching Energy in Design”.
- Research and Publications:
- 1985 – 1986: Getty Art History Information Program Art and Architecture Thesaurus Project
- 1985 – 1987: Getty Art History Information Program Art and Architecture Thesaurus Project
- “Adolf Loos: Theory and Works; by Benedetto Gravagnuolo”, The Manhattan Mercury, August 14, 1983
- “Between Zero and Infinity; by Daniel Liebeskind”, The Manhattan Mercury, June 5, 1983
- with Gary Coates, Teaching Energy in Design, final research report of the ACSA “Teaching Energy in Design National Educational Research Competition”, Washington, DC, 1983
- 1983: With Gary Goates: Teaching Energy and Design. Reasearch competition sponsored by Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture. Project awarded Fourth Place in national competition.
- “Citizens Bank and Trust Building”, critique, The Manhattan Mercury, May 31, 1983
- “Architecture from the Plains”. Series of five articles, The Manhattan Mercury, September 10, 1982 to April 10, 1983
- “Streets for People; by Bernard Rudofsky”, review, The Manhattan Mercury, February, 1983
- “Resettling America; by Gary Coates”, review, Mercury, December 5, 1982
- 1981: Fantastic architecture – artist’s representations of fantastic buildings. Research supported by grant from Bureau of General Research, Kansas State University.
- Teaching Methods for Architectural Educators. Handbook of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture Teachers Seminar, Cranbrook Academy, 1981
- “Three Nuns and a Naked Man: Representations of Fantastic Architecture”. Paper presented to the conference on Design for Fantasy, Center for Urban Studies, San Francisco 1981
- “Teaching Architecture is Like the Learning of a Language” Proceedings of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture National Conference. San Antonio, Texas, 1980
- “Microteaching, for the Development of Instructional Skills in the Design Studio”. Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Improving University Teaching, Lausanne, Switzerland, 1980
- “Columbia: The Architectural Committee. A structure for user participation in a new town development”. Paper presented to the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture, West Central Regional Conference. October, 1979
- 1977 – 1978: Development of a computerized catalogue of live recordings of classical music and acoustic analysis. Research supported by a grant from Bureau of General Research, Kansas State University.
- “Learning, Teaching Styles and the Environmental Design Studio”. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Improving University Teaching. Newcastle, England 1977